It’s Thursday. The only thing getting me through the day is starbursts, flavored water and Netflix. I don’t get it. Sometimes I get up at 5 a.m. and am rearing to go and sometimes I wake up at 5 a.m. and cannot fight the affair I’m having with my pillow.
On days like today – days where I have a hard time pulling myself out from under the blankets – I start thinking about all of you, I start thinking about my website and all of the things I want to share, talk to you about and ask. Then I roll out of bed and do a myriad of morning rituals. Really, I have a catalog of habits that occupy my time; the most important is talking and feeding Pippy.
Then I end up here, at my computer thinking about what recipe to write about and what story to tell you.
Right now I’m watching a movie on Netflix and am thinking that I want to share one of my recent breakfast concoctions! Today I have a fabulous Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls!
Serving Size: 1
Fat: 5.1 g
Carbohydrate: 22.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 9.5 g
Here is what you will need:
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- 4 eggs
- 1 ounce cheese, shredded
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Slightly grease a baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, garlic powder, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Whisk together until the mixture is light and frothy
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, grease with cooking spray. Add the egg mixture and scramble
- Remove and set aside
- Now fill up each egg roll wrapper. First, add the cheese, then bacon and then a heaping pile of eggs. Roll tightly and then set aside on the baking sheet
- Repeat for each egg roll wrapper
- Then place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the outside of the wrapper is browned and is cooked
- Remove and Enjoy!
This was such an easy breakfast. One of the great things about breakfast is packing whatever you’re making full of your favorite flavors. This is no different. Add whatever you like to the egg roll. I think you could even pack it full with some yummy cooked potatoes. Just make sure the potatoes are small enough and soft enough that they will not penetrate the egg roll wrapper.
Until Next Time,
Happy Breakfast Egg Roll Wrappin’