Good Friday Morning Everybody!! I cannot believe this, but I’m actually posting something today – with the help of an awesome friend! Before I get down to this amazing recipe I want to take a minute to thank each one of my foodie followers for sticking with me during my cross – country move. It warms my heart to know that so many of you reached out to me, emailed me, checked in on me and even, without having consistently blogged, suggested your foodies stop by & check out my page and blog. It means the world to me that I have made such amazing connections in such a short period of time! So THANK YOU to every one of my Foodie FAVS, you are talented, amazing and are grade – A in my book always!
Today marks the start of being in the kitchen again. It will likely be slow moving the next several days but I intend to bring to you something every day, just like I was doing before we moved! So let’s get down to the yummy details of what I have for you today. If you all think back a couple of months, I teamed up with one of my old friends from college – Jess. For months, Jess was posting absolutely delectable pictures of her baking adventures on Facebook while I viewed them drooling. At that time, and it is still true today, I had not honed in on baking or developing baking skills. Because I am a perfectionist [at least that is what I am told] I usually critique my skills much more than anybody else ever could. That includes cooking. I started teaching myself to cook less than a year ago and I still feel like I’m treading water sometimes. There is no way I’m willing to get down and dirty trying to bake some of these extravagant – looking baked goods Jess always has posted online. So we teamed up.
The very first post I did with Jess was the Easter Basket Cake! Do you all remember how awesome that cake looked? Well today I bring to you something equally as amazing that will be a very delicious dessert for this weekend’s festivities. Are you ready for it? Honestly, I don’t know if you can handle it. But here it goes…. Today I bring to you – S’MORES CUPCAKES!!!!
Let’s get down to business. Here is what you will need::
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow crème or 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup butter or margerine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Graham cracker squares, some crushed
It already seems easy! This could be a dangerous combination!
- Start by making the chocolate cupcakes. Jess used her favorite chocolate cake mix. However, if you have an awesome chocolate cake recipe, use that!
- Once your cupcakes are cooled completely begin preparing the marshmallow frosting
- If you’re using marshmallows, microwave them between 15 and 20 seconds until softened
- Beat marshmallows and butter until soft
- Then gradually beat in the powdered sugar until smooth
- Coat each cupcake with the marshmallow topping and add a graham cracker square!
- Crumble coarsely crushed graham crackers over the top of the cupcakes
- This would likely be enough, but Jess was lucky enough to find S’Mores sprinkles so she sprinkled some of those on top of the cupcakes for the obvious added benefit!
I don’t know about any of you, but these little guys look absolutely amazing. I wish I could pull one from my screen and chow down on it! If you’re interested in finding those awesome S’Mores sprinkles, she found them at Michale’s and they are Duff brand [as in Duff from Ace of Cakes]! I don’t see how you could go wrong with picking up a bottle of those sprinkles. They would work on so many sweet dishes!
These would be an awesome dessert on any picnic table this holiday weekend! And may be a little safer for the young kids who LOVE S’mores but mom & dad do not appreciate them playing near fire! See how that works? You could even whip these up the day before your picnic, but Jess tells me you should refrigerate them overnight! While the frosting gets a little hard when it is cooled in the refrigerator it will soften back up at room temperature! So keep that in mind in the next couple of days!!!
I hope you all enjoy these! I am told they were a HUGE hit. And it is definitely difficult to see how anybody could not like these cupcakes! If you give them a try let me know how they turn out!!
Until Next Time,