Entries in birthday (2)
Good Friday Morning Foodies! It is a GREAT Friday indeed; well, with the slight issue I had with Pippy pooping his fur this morning. Anyway, yes, today is a GREAT day. There are several reasons for this. First, it is the first crisp morning of the summer. I hope that means fall is around the corner in a cool way. Second, it is Friday. Nothing beats Friday… ever. Well, unless you are going on an awesome adventure or luxurious trip to another part of the world during the week. In that case, Friday is not necessarily the best day of the week. And, finally, this weekend is sure to be beautiful, cool and relaxing. I am looking forward to staying in sweat pants all weekend. I don’t want to do anything else.
Okay, enough projecting about the weekend, let’s reflect about yesterday. Yesterday was Pippy’s birthday. And it was a great birthday indeed. We had a birthday party for our fur baby yesterday and it was a huge hit! Here are some pictures to chronicle the adventure:
What birthday celebration does not involve cake? None! That’s right! We could not celebrate Pippy’s birthday without some sort of cake. So for today’s Kid-Friendly Friday segment I have awesome little Peanut Butter and Carrot Pup-Cakes! Any kid will LOVE getting involved to make pup-cakes for their loyal K-9 friend. I guarantee it!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- ½ package Nonfat cream cheese, room temperature
- Cinnamon to taste
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Mix flour and baking soda together, then add all remaining ingredients and mix well
- Grease muffin tray [I used a mini muffin tray because Pippy is a small doggie, but you can use a regular muffin tray]
- Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top rim
- Bake for about 15 minutes if you are using the mini muffin trays; bake for about 30 minutes in a regular sized muffin tray. When a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, remove from the oven and allow to cool
- For the icing: combine each ingredient into a medium sized bowl and mix until fully incorporated and creamy
- Ice each of the muffins
- Serve to your puppy!!
Pippy absolutely LOVED his pup-cakes. However, there were so many pup-cakes I could not feed them all to Pippy. So we shared with our neighbors who have doggies. The dogs, Lily and Victor, ate them right up and pummeled me. I guess we’re good in their book now. I mean, Victor even wanted me to toss his ball. If he is as stingy as Pippy is with his balls, that’s a great honor!
Your kids will LOVE making these for their furry brothers and sisters. They are simple to make, not too messy and fun to feed your fur babies! I hope you all give them a try sometime.
Until Next Time,
Happy Pup – cakin’