Hey foodies! Good Monday morning! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are ready for a good week ahead. At least you have something to look forward to this coming weekend – St. Patrick’s Day is Saturday! Woohoo!
Nick and I had a pretty good weekend; well, it was very low key and relaxing. Nick is running a 10k this Saturday, so we scoped out where he’s running yesterday. Though I am not convinced we really know where he has to run, we got a good understanding of just how much he’s going to be working during his run. This route isn’t for the faint of heart; I’ll be lucky if I have a Panda Bear at the end of the run.
I’ll try to take pictures, but I don’t know how much I will be regulated.
So let’s talk a little bit about food. On Friday I blogged about these amazing Swedish Meatballs, and they were amazing. Go check them out. I paired the meatballs with this tart cranberry sauce. I absolutely loved it! Take a look at these great Tart Cranberry Blood Orange Sauce.
Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 6.75 g
Protein: .25 g
- 12 ounce cranberries
- 1 blood orange, zested, peeled & cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 to 8 tablespoons Splenda
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- Empty the cranberries into a saucepan
- Add the sugar, lime juice, water, orange cubes and orange zest
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries are soft
- Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, add any additional sugar you need to suit your tastes
- Allow to cool to room temperature or chill in the refrigerator until you need it with dinner!
This cranberry sauce was so good with the blood orange included. I loved it! I think it really complimented the Swedish Meatballs and mashed potatoes very well. It’s so easy to make and a perfectly sweet/tart addition to any meal!
Until Next Time,