Good Monday Morning Foodie Friends! I guess it is almost Monday afternoon for everybody on the east coast. I apologize my post is a bit delayed today. It’s been a rough couple of days; I dropped Nick off at the airport yesterday. He will be gone all week on business; I missed him the moment he walked away from the car yesterday. Many of you may think that a week is no big deal and, in reality, you are correct. For me, however, it is tough to watch him walk away because within a year of dating him he walked away into Iraq’s great unknown. The deployment process really impacted me & I believe I will always detest when he leaves. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy my space but, like I have said several times before, the grass only appears greener on the other side.
I will leave it at that. You do not want to hear about my other dilemmas.
Today I have a great Meatless Monday segment. This is a great recipe that will, hopefully, help get you through the Monday blues. It comes from my friend Jessica, so it is sure not to disappoint. Are you ready? Today I bring to you Multi-Color Cupcakes. She whipped these little guys up for the 4th of July holiday, but can be adapted for any holiday or for everyday life.
Let’s get down to what you will need:
- Box of white cake mix, [store bought or your favorite recipe]
- Food coloring
- Preheat oven according to the boxed cake mix or per your recipe
- Mix the batter according to your directions
- Separate the batter into 3 bowls for the Red, White & Blue cupcakes [However, if you want to make rainbow cupcakes, decide how many colors you want to use & separate the batter into that amount of bowls. For example, if you want to use 6 colors, you will need 6 bowls of batter]
- Dye each bowl one color
- Lightly grease cupcake pan
- Then layer the colors into the cupcake pan with a spoon [For the Red, White & Blue cupcakes: First layer the Red, then with a spoon layer the White and Blue]
- Do not worry, the colors will not sink into each other and do not mix up too much
- Bake the cupcakes according to the boxed directions or per your recipe
These look delicious and are packed full of great color! If you are having a day like I am, these would be great to whip together after work today! What would we do without Jess and her awesome baking skills?? Personally, I would be lost!
I hope you all enjoy!
Until Next Time,
Happy Rainbow Cupcake Makin’
*Here are the fun Rainbown Colored Cupcakes. Remember you can use whatever colors you like! For instance, Jess even suggested using them for St. Patrick's Day, etc.!!