Are you ready for the best tasting popcorn you will ever taste? This is better than any caramel coated popcorn and peanuts you have ever tasted!!! I made homemade caramel coated popcorn with crushed peanuts and it has been life changing. I mean it, LIFE CHANGING!!! This recipe is simple and fun; it will be a cinch to get your family involved with this sweet treat!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- about 3 quarts popped popcorn; I popped two regular sized bags and used all of the popcorn, which is slightly more than 3 quarts. If you do this too, just increase the remaining ingredients just by a small amount
- 3 cups dry roasted mix nuts, unsalted. I like cashews, so I stuck with what my taste buds enjoy - do the same for yourself!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- In a large roasting pan combine the popcorn and nuts. Place in the oven while preparing glaze
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly
- Then, continue to boil for 4 minutes WITHOUT stirring!
- Remove from heat, stir in baking soda and vanilla, then pour over the warmed popcorn and nuts, tossing to coat well
- Bake another 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes
- Cool and break apart
- Store in an airtight container [if you are able to control yourself and not eat it all during the cooking process... uh em, unlike me!]