Today is WORLD NUTELLA DAY!! I happen to love Nutella.I was first introduced to this little piece of heaven while in Europe. A friend of mine warned me about this addicting chocolate-hazelnut spread before venturing off into the great unknown. I found it while walking down the historic streets of Rome. A vendor was making crepes and I thought that I would get a Nutella crepe. Not only was this crepe huge and layered full with Nutella, it was the beginning of my love affair with this sweet treat.
Throughout the years, I would often times buy a jar of Nutella and eat it by the spoonful [or on an english muffin] but today to honor my first encounter with Nutella I decided to make crepes.
Now I have never, ever made crepes before but this recipe is AWESOME!!! I love it, which could be disastrous on my waistline - I now know how to make my wonderfully sweet Nutella crepes. YIKES!!
Here are the simple ingredients [and I mean SIMPLE!]:
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- butter, for coating the pan
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds
- Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 or more hours [the batter will keep for up to 48 hours]
- Heat a small non-stick pan
- Add butter to coat
- Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly
- Cook for 30 seconds and flip
- Lay them out flat so they can cool
|Hot Fudge Crepe|