On Friday I made some cookies for Nick and his co-workers, but I did not want to make just one kind so I decided on something slightly easier than the Caramel Chocolate cookies. What I quickly realized is that the recipe may have been easier, but it was also stickier and messier. These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crunch bars are rich and creamy, but also meant to be eaten right away. Whoever came up with this recipe is simply sinful for putting these wonderful ingredients together and tempting all of us with a sweet tooth! It is especially tempting because you really need to eat these crunch balls soon after they are done; who would want these small balls of chocolate-peanut butter goodness to go to waste?
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 to 6 cups corn flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, bring peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and chocolate to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn flakes
- With a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, form small balls of mixture and place on a slightly greased cookie sheet
- Refrigerate until chocolate is completely set. Eat immediately!