Who does not love a cherry covered in chocolate? Aside from delicious chocolate, I have another secret obsession with cherries. They are one of the best things to ever enter my life - I love all kinds, including maraschino. Now I'm not such a huge fan of chocolate covered cherries, but this recipe is simple, great and the taste is wonderful! There are many recipes out there for this simple recipe, this one works great!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 jar [or in my case 2 because I ate half a jar by myself] maraschino cherries with stems, drain and dry the cherries
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- *Note: if you want to use butter melt 1/4 cup along with the chocolate chips. However, it is not necessary, believe me!
- Place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and lightly grease
- Melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat until completely incorporated
- Holding the stem, dip cherries into chocolate mixture and place on the cookie sheet
- Once all cherries are covered, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator until hardened