I LOVE macaroni and cheese. I think about making it all of the time but I also stop myself. I could not help myself and I made some. I used a hybrid process - taking some of my mom's FAMOUS recipe and using some tricks of my own. This is a great alternate recipe for those of you who love your food kicked up a notch, which is what Nick and I really enjoy.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 box pasta noodles - shells, spirals, rigatoni, etc.
- 2 cans Cheddar Soup
- 2 cans milk
- 2 (8oz) blocks of sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- In large pot, bring water to a boil and add pasta... cook according to box
- In another large pot, melt butter over medium to high heat, whisk in flour to create rue.
- Once both are incorporate, add cheddar soup, fill each empty can with milk and add to the pot, whisk continuously until soup and milk mixture come completely together.
- Once this mixture is hot, add both blocks of cheese and the feta to the mix, whisking until the cheese melts completely
- Add all of the spices and mixture together
- When the pasta is ready, drain and add to the cheese sauce. Mix well and let simmer covered for 30 minutes