Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 5:20PM
Yesterday I made Chicken Cacciatore without the mushrooms, yick! I do not like mushrooms so this dish is my rendition on a yummy chicken meal.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken breast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) chili ready diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch long strips
- 1 1/2 chicken stock + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
**if you want to add mushrooms, just add about a pound.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, approximately 6 minutes on each side.
- Add the tomatoes and puree; then stir the garlic, Italian seasoning, onion, pepper and 1 cup stock in a slow cooker
- Add the chicken and turn to coat
- Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove the chicken from the cooker and keep warm
- Stir cornstarch and remaining stock in a bowl until the mixtures is smooth
- Stir the cornstarch mixture in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to directions on the box
- Serve with the chicken and pasta
This dinner was so good and filling!! We ate a ton and still had some left over, so it's good for a large family OR for leftovers the next day!! Yummy, yummy! I hope you all give this a try.
Until next time, happy cooking!