Today I am happy to report that our Thanksgiving leftovers are all gone, with the exception of one cup of stuffing! WOOHOO! It was so fun to experiment with new meals using the same ingredients!! Last night I made Leftover Turkey Crescent Bake and Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes with Ham. It turned out so well!!
For the Leftover Turkey Crescent Bake, here is what you will need:
- 2 to 3 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 cups turkey [cubed or shredded]
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken gravy
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large saucepan, mix stuffing, turkey, gravy and chicken stock. Heat over medium - high heat until very warm, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13x9 glass baking dish
- Separate crescent rolls and place triangles together over the stuffing mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown
- 2 to 3 cups of prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 or 3 slices already prepared cooked ham, cubed
- shredded cheese
- heat mashed potatoes [if refrigerated leftovers]
- in a small square baking dish - 8x8 - spoon in the potatoes and mixed the cubed pieces of ham, then spread evenly in the baking pan
- top the mixture with 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top
- for good measure I broiled this dish for approximately 3 to 5 minutes and LOVED how it turned out!! just a suggestion!