Tonight I made a Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole. It turned out better than I expected. I know, I know I say that about a lot of my meals, but seriously this was so good... especially the chicken. It bakes for about an hour and when you cut into the chicken the juices begin to explode everywhere! It is incredibly juicy!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup of uncooked regular long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper, Mexican seasoning, broccoli in a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
If you tuned into my Fettuccine Alfredo meal the other night you'll remember that I made these amazing little cheddar garlic biscuits. Well, I have been daydreaming about those bad-boys since we gobbled them up. Because I do not have much self control, I made the cheddar biscuits again tonight. However, this dinner would be great standing alone or with some other vegetable mixed in.