Monday, November 1, 2010 at 4:21PM
I don't know many people who do not enjoy a good coffee frappe, macchiato, etc. I know I surely do, but I do not like paying $4 + for my favorite caffeine treat. I've been experimenting lately and think I figured out the perfect combination of ingredients for a sweet coffee frappe treat!!
Here are the simple ingredients -
**Note: ingredients reflect serving size of approximately 1
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 or 3 scoops ice cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- a small splash pure vanilla extract [this goes a very looooong way]
- 1 tablespoon sugar [I like my treat really sweet... if you don't, scale this back a bit]
- cooled expresso shot
- add ice, ice cream and milk together - blend between 5 and 8 seconds
- add splash of vanilla, sugar and espresso, blend another 10 to 15 more seconds
- serve immediately [with a straw]
I know this is similar to an earlier post [vanilla frappe], but it has very small, yet incredibly important changes. For instance, this includes a shot of expresso. This is a big change in the drink - it gives it a nice coffee taste and enriches the flavors of the entire drink! Also, I decided to go lighter on the ice and milk and maintain the amount of ice cream. This keeps it creamy! Finally, I added a little extra sugar. For me, this is important because I like my treats sweet [er]!
Until next time, enjoy your favorite coffee treat from the comfort of your own home!