Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 2:07PM
Making breakfast is what really inspired this blog. I began getting involved in breakfast making over the summer when I was with Nick at his house. Breakfast on the weekend is an absolute necessity in the Chaudoin household, so it was only natural that I start getting involved.
While his favorite breakfast is something called a juno [something that I will likely blog about later], I decided to make sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs. It was simple to make and delicious to eat.
- 1 pound sausage roll [I used Jimmy Dean]
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- biscuits [I used the grands flaky biscuits]
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in flour until dissolved
- Gradually stir in milk
- cook gravy until thick and bubbly
- season with salt and pepper
- serve over your hot biscuits
Now this meal could be considered complete with just the biscuits and gravy, but I love scrambled eggs. Therefore, I scrambled a couple of eggs and paired them with the biscuits and gravy... and voila, it was a perfectly warm and creamy breakfast!
Also, I have never used a roll of meat before and was very skeptical. However, once it warmed in the skillet it crumbled with some effort. Well worth buying a couple if they are sale [which they were here!!] This turned out much better than expected and will remain on my breakfast rotation for a long time!!
Until next time, happy breakfasting!! :)